Tuesday 16 February 2016

Waitangi Day

Description: In class, we have been making projects about Waitangi Day. I made a movie about Waitangi Day. We did it because it Was Waitangi Day a couple of weeks ago.
 
Big Idea: What I learned about doing this post is Waitangi Day is a very special occasion for a reason. The reason is that the 'Treaty of Waitangi' is the founding document of New Zealand. The process I went through is 1st: I made a storyboard. 2nd: I made a couple of treaties with A3 paper with some brown on it, and I crunched it up and ripped it. 3rd: I got Houston and Juven to act in my movie for signing the treaty and the British Government scene. 4th: I went on Google and found some images to put on my movie. 5th: I went around the school and did some more recording, including the chicken scene. 6th: I did voice overs and started editing. 7th: I had to record a couple more scenes that didn't come out alright. 8th: I uploaded the video to YouTube.

Feedback/Feedforward: I like the way that you learnt something about the treaty of Waitangi.
I think that you could make a bigger description to explain more. Shaiv


Evaluation: This task also helped me with a numberless amount of other reasons, but I didn't know very much about the Treaty of Waitangi at the beginning of the task, but now doing research gave me a good understanding about the Treaty.

1 comment:

  1. Ka mau te wehi Tane! This self-selected Treaty of Waitangi assignment demonstrates good understanding about our founding document. I like how you have made connections with the things around our school. Bomb-diggy Tane - great job!

    ReplyDelete