Wednesday 18 May 2016

Bookapedia Term 2 Research Skills

Skimming and Scanning
WALT: create criteria to evaluate sources
A good source:
-has a good reputation, be from a trusted expert
-not ask you for private information or have virus warnings
-contain the keywords/information you are looking for

Summarising
WALT: Persist to find information to gain a wider perspective
My Task evidence for this week: You wouldn't want to be a medieval knight because there is a lot of time, 7 years to train, then another 7 years as a squire before becoming a knight and you would be very young when you start training, at around 6/7 years.

Notetaking
WALT: Organize our notes to make connections and find gaps.
Feedback/Feedforward: I like how you explained what a good source is. Maybe next time explain more about the task because if an alien came to school and read your post he might not know what you mean.
Alex

Evaluation: I think I have got better at Skimming and Scanning because I already knew how to skim and scan but I had a wider basis of key words, so narrowing the key words is good because I can spend less time skimming and scanning but more time making decisions and researching.

1 comment:

  1. I think your evaluation is spot on Tane. Having a more specific, focused key word base will make your searching more efficient. Being a Medieval Knight certainly took a lot of commitment and effort. I imagine though that they were very proud and their status was revered.

    ReplyDelete